The rich red soil of Cuba contributes to the unique taste of Cuban cigars.And Cuba’s hand – made cigars, is the world’s most famous cigars, cigars have gradually become an art collection.Let’s get to know and love cigars step by step.
The first is the Cuban cigar’s life-building “blood” leaf.
1. Types of tobacco leavesCorojo plant:It forms an important envelop.In order to maintain a smooth and even appearance, it should not be exposed to direct sunlight.The tobacco fields are covered with gauze soon after sowing.Criollo plant:The main component of eggplant core.Exposure to sunlight is a way to get more of the flavor of tobacco.
2. A tobacco leaf is divided into several parts from the top. What are they used forCorojo provides only wrapped and bound leaves.Used for eggplant coat and eggplant cover respectively.Criollo is responsible for the tobacco used in the eggplant core.Divided from top to bottomTop (Corona)Middle thick leaf (Centro Gordo)(forming shallow leaves)Middle Thin Blade (Centro Fino)Centro Ligero Middle Light Leaf(to form dry leaves)Base and middle 1.1/2 (Uno y Medio)Base section (Libre de Pie)(Forming the pale leaves)
The structure of each part of a cigar affects the taste and smoking experience.
1. Three parts and their functions:Envelope (including eggplant coat and eggplant cover)Good foliage needs to be highly uniform in structure and color, as well as a first-class taste and aroma.The conductivity of the leaf is also very important. Most of the aroma of the cigar is contained in the leaf. The good conductivity of the leaf can fully release the aroma of the leaf roll and the eggplant core.In addition, on the one hand, it needs to be flexible and thin to tightly wrap the cigarette, on the other hand, it needs to be strong enough to facilitate subsequent processing.When smoking a cigar, these characteristics all have a positive effect on the combustion.In the eyes of Cubans, there are more than 80 colors of leaf wrap. In the face of modern technology, it can even be subdivided into more than 140 kinds.
Although the envelopment does not determine the flavor of a cigar, it can be used to determine the strength of the flavor and aroma of the cigar.
But the strength and quality of a cigar is much more dependent on other factors.The longer the leaf is exposed to sunlight, the higher the oil and sugar content.
If you ignore the special case, you can get a simple conclusion.The darker the leaf, the stronger and sweeter the flavor.
Can be simply summed up seven kinds of leaf color reference:
1) Blue and brown (Claro Claro)The color scale of this envelop begins with yellow-green, crosses olive green, and ends with a bluish-brown, sometimes producing a subtle shade that resembles a deep gold.Usually because the harvest is too early, the tobacco is not fully ripe, and the short drying period is carried out by heating.(Hanging over the burning coalsAlso known as Doble Claro, Double Claro, Candela, and AMS (short for Choice for the American Market), this color is popular in North America, where cigars with this leaf cover tend to be light in flavor and relatively light in aroma.
2) Light brown (Claro)The brightest colors are pure brown, often with a streak of light yellow.This tint is found in many shade plants.Most are harvested near maturity and then air-dried.Also known as natural often appears on mild-tasting cigars.
3) Medium brown (Colorado Claro)The foliage covers all colors from light brown to golden-brown and is found on shade or sunny plants of tobacco.This envelope receives more sunlight than either of the two.Cigars with this type of leaf are generally medium in flavor and fragrant in smell.
4) Dark reddish-brown (Colorado)Leaves with reddish color from medium brown.Medium aromas and flavors.It is so popular in the UK that it is also known as EMS (UK Market Selection)
5) Colorado MaduroThe dark leaf color label starts here.The leaves are usually fragrant and strong, and are not picked until they are fully mature.
6) The dark brown of coffee (maduro)Predominately black and brown.It’s oily, sweet, but not very aromatic and it’s basically from the top of the tobacco and it has a lot of sunshine.Rich in flavor and strong in his traditional style.Also known as SMS (Spanish Market Selection) because of its popularity in the Spanish market
7) Nearly black (oscuro)The color scale starts from black brown until it becomes completely black.All are fully exposed to the sun without exception.The fat has a strong smell.The function of the wrapper is to wrap the cigar and help it to better emit the aroma and look good.
Coating for eggplant cover for the cigar to reserve flue to play a role in combustion, containing the unlit cigar most of the aroma source.The eggplant core is the main flavor source of cigars.
Cigar experience is very personal, and we hope you will be able to select and choose your favorite cigars after the initial knowledge, and start your journey with different cigars.